Appearing in the 1970s and coming from Spain, the Padel is a racquet sport mixing tennis, squash and Basque ball.
Nearly 4 million regular players in Spain on nearly 25,000 courts. The Padel is a real phenomenon there!
Specificities of the Padel :
- A shorter and lighter racket.
- A smaller court than the tennis court (20mx10m) surrounded by glass walls allowing rebounds at the back of the court.
- A synthetic grass surface or PVC coating.
- A very high playing pace.
- A sport that is usually played in doubles.
The Padel Court also allows the practice of mini tennis, tennis ball and badminton.
It is now under the aegis of the French Tennis Federation.